Hi,

Friday, July 4, 2003, 5:11:18 PM, you wrote:
AC> Is there anyway to include a file inside of a function and have the included
AC> stuff be global?  For instance if I defined a class or a function in that
AC> include file, I want to be able to use that class outside of the function.

AC> On the documentation for include() a poster commented that it did indeed
AC> work like this, but my testing indicates it does not.  Everything stays
AC> local to the function and goes away when the function ends.

AC> Is there a way?

One trick that works in php-4.X.X is to put your function inside a
class, as any sub functions become global (invisible to the rest of the
class though :) but that should not matter). Not sure whether it will
be the same in php-5.

a quick example (ignore my filenames it was just to prove it works)

<?php
class loadClass {
        function loadClass(){
                //nothing to do yet;
        }
        function load($inc){
                include($inc);
$l = new loadClass();
$l->load('templateClass.inc');
$t = new kwikTemplateClass('./');
$variables = array();
echo $t->processFile('layout.htm',$variables);
?>

This loads the class I need and it is automatically global..

--
regards,
Tom