Not correct.

Variables used in the global scope are global, and appear in the $GLOBALS array as
soon as they come into existence.  A global statement is used within a function merely
to declare that you wish to use one of those variables in that function, where it
would otherwise not be available.  It's sort of equivalent to saying "when I use
variable $x in this function, I actually want it to be $GLOBALS['x']" -- or, in PHP
terms, $x = &$GLOBALS['x'].

>       Another method would be to "global"ise it on demand by writing a
> little function. (like Rasmus)
>
> I did it like this -->
>

> ---create_globals.php------------
> function create_global($passed_variable)
> if (isset ($GLOBALS[$passed_variable]))
> {
>       return $GLOBALS[$passed_variable];
> }
> ---------------end-----------------
>
> --------config.php------------------
> $page_title = "Page Title of Web Page"
> ---------end------------------------
>
> ----------index.html----------------
> require_once ('create_globals.php');
>
> $local_variable = create_global( 'main_title')
> echo "My Page Title is".$local_variable;
> --------------end---------------------
>

> Hence This way I can make it global-on-demand.
>
> Maybe a better way to do it would be to

> global $page_title = "Alternative Way"

I'm really not sure what you're getting at here, but I think it may be based on a
misunderstanding.  If you could explain exactly what it is you're trying to do,
someone might be able to offer some better help.

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]