On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:00:27 +0300, you wrote:

>WHAT PORTS PHP USE WHEN COMUNICATING WITH MSSQL SERVER OVER THE NETWORK?

I only have experience with MS SQL Server 7.  It listens on TCP port
1433.

>I have an Linux server running Apache/PHP/MySQL.
>and I need to connect to another server running  MSSQL server 7
>
>THE POINT IS  the only way I have to connect is throu ODBC connection
>because the network administrator only allowed me to connect thru port 1433
>that ODBC uses..

If it's SQL version 7 then you can use this same port for a "direct"
connection.  I know, my companies public web site connects via this
port to an SQL server behind our firewall, and has done so for well
over a year without issue.

>I tried to make it direct connection, but this way uses many ports that the
>firewall won't allowed..

Not with version 7.

>I heard about FreeDTS and iODBC, but I need some advice and notes to make it
>easy for me..

FreeTDS works like a charm, it's what we use...