On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 11:42:29PM -0500, Jonathan Villa wrote:

> This is only my stubborn opinion...
>
> I would turn it on for now with a warning that it will be turned off
> soon...

At least in my case, it's never been on in the past, and the queries are
coming from folks who want me to change it from its current OFF state.

Perhaps that's where I need advice.  Currently, a .htaccess file with:

    php_flag register_globals on

gets the error "php_flag not allowed here".  I see from the comments at
http://www.php.net/register_globals that I need AllowOverride Options to
make that function ... but is it possible to have fine-grained enough an
AllowOverride statement that only register_globals can be changed?

I wouldn't want a user to use his .htaccess file to turn off safe_mode
or open_basedir.

--
  Paul Chvostek                                             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Operations / Abuse / Whatever