Sorry all, apparently this doesn't work on either Windows or Linux.
Again, I thought it was working and once I got farther along I see that
it really wasn't. Basically what I get after I login is an empty screen.
Here is what I have :

This is the script that runs to see if the user is logged in.

session_start();
if(!$_SESSION['logged']) {

        session_register('goto');
        $_SESSION['goto'] = "http://"; . $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] .
$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];

        $url = "http://www.mysite.org/login/login.php";;
        header("Location: $url");
}

The above works and redirects me to the login page and has the right
referring page as shown below.

goto|s:59:"http://www.mysite.org/setup/inputs.php";;

This is in my login.php script. After I verify the user login is
correct, this piece of code is executed.

                session_start();
            session_register('logged');
            session_register('user');

            $_SESSION['logged'] = "True";
            $_SESSION['user'] = $row['user'];

            $target = "Location: " . $_SESSION['goto'];

            session_unregister('goto');

            header($target);

What I get after this is a blank page. The user has been logged in and
shows in the session file, but it just isn't redirecting.