* Thus wrote Joan McGalliard ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting a little desperate here, and running out of places to ask.
> My hosting company changed - without warning - to PHP Suexec, which
> completely broke to sites.  They haven't been able to tell me how to
> fix it, just vague suggestions, and when I ask for detailed
> instructions, they send me a URL that has no connection with my problem.

This is a problem you should take up to the hosting company, you
shouldn't really use php suexec for regular php files anyway.

> So it's pretty simple, I want to know how to get html files parsed as
> PHP files with PHP Suexec on.  IE I want:

Not so simple i believe. php suexec isn't used as a module, only
cgi, as far as I know. You should really use .php as the
extention to avoid this problem in the future.

> http://www.mcgalliard.org/index.html
> to look  like
> http://www.mcgalliard.org/index.html

These look identical.  I'm assuming you mean index.php on the other
one.

In that case I don't understand why you have two versions of the
same file.  I would suggest to dump the .html files and use only
.php.

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."