On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 01:43 PM, erythros wrote:

it depends on what webserver your provider is running. all they have to do
is add .html to the list of files parsed by php.

Thanks! this was enough to get them to fix the problem.

Just to explain the back story. I had a website, that was all in html, and heavily indexed by google. It was generated from templates by python, but then I discovered php, and rebuilt my site with the same URLs but using PHP. Then without notice, my host changed to PHP Suexec, which broke a working site.