* Thus wrote Cody Phanekham ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> Curt,
>
> The admin that is in charge of the server swears that the time zone is already set
> to Australia / Sydney

It is definately a system problem. I actually looked at the source
code for the date() function and all it does is get the time
information from the systems localtime call.

A 'man localtime' might reveal more information about how the
timezone needs to be set.

Although the environment setting for the cron fle should work fine,
you could even go so far as setting that in your php file:

  putenv('TZ=Australia/Sydney');

hth,

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."