Hi guys.

I have two questions for you today:

1. Weired login problem
I am developinig a site for a conference where i have a login page for
members. This page is called index.php and includes different types of modules,
according to the type of user logged on. The problem is now following:
i have a login function hidden in a class, this function registers a bunch
of variables. After the user has submited the details, index.php (which calls
the session_start()) calls the login function. Then i check whether a session
variable is present ($_SESSION['name']). If yes, we include the members
area, otherwise we include the login table again. Now: on my test server
(XP/Apache/php4.3.2) all is well. However, on the real server (Linux/Apache/php4.0.x)
it just includes the login table anyway, even if the login was successful. I
then have to click on the menu link again to include the member script.
Why is that?

2. Save a large amount of text to a file
On the same page i have some type of cms going. The admin users can change
txt files which relate to text on some of the general pages. I have now found
that it is only transmits a certain amount of text via GET to the function
that writs to the files. Is there a restriction on passing text via url? If yes
(which will be the case), how could i do this otherwise?

Thanks so long...

Thomas
P.S: this list still rocks