Hello,

On 08/25/2003 01:34 AM, Kris Reid wrote:
Thanks for the advice however I want to use qmail-remote as I believe it
will suit my needs better.

I have been reading a great deal about tweaking qmail. I run a newsletter
and the fastest way is to try remote deliveries and only add them to the
queue if this fails.

Maybe I was not clear but my SMTP class does remote deliveries when you enable the direct delivery mode, so it acts exactly as qmail-remote. If you doubt it, just try it. Here is the address again in case you missed it:

http://www.phpclasses.org/smtpclass

The function that I wrote works I just don't know how to insert the message
content.

That is what the MIME message composing and sending class does. It composes the message headers and body and calls functions to send messages.

It comes with specialized sub-classes for deliverying the messages through various methods. It supports delivery the mail(), sendmail program, SMTP either relaying to an intermedite or delivering direcly to the recipient SMTP server, or even qmail via qmail-queue.

I use this class for sending newsletters for tens of thousands of users every day. The direct delivery mode, I only use for urgent messages, like messages to let the users choose their initial passwords.

I could add support to deliver alternatively via qmail-remote but I would have to see a good reason to do that instead of using the SMTP class in direct delivery mode.

For newsletters I only use the sub class to deliver via qmail-queue because those messages are not urgent. The advantage of using qmail-queue is that it can run many tens of simultaneous deliveries calling qmail-remote. I could run qmail-remote directly from PHP, but I doubt it would be as efficient as qmail-queue.

Here it is the MIME composing and sending class address in case you want to try it yourself, as you need.

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
http://www.phpclasses.org/