Everyone has given some great information. I have some ideas i would
like to throw into the mix too.

Here are some topics:

1. Questions regarding HTTP protocols. (SSL)

2. Questions regarding the server that you will be deploying on.
   If you are deploying to apache or iis they should be familiar.

3. MySQL questions. (setup, maintenance, sql, optimization)
   There are many ways to do this and they should give you some answer.

4. Also questions regarding development platform.
   Do they know how to work on the platform. I dont know how man
   people i have seen that develop on windows and deploy to linux and
   have no idea how to debug on linux.

5. Questions regarding development practices.
   - Coding standards
   - Design procedures and policies they have used.
   - Source code control: Cvs, Visual Source safe, etc.
   - Development life cycle.

6. What other techniologies do they know. Can these be utilized.

Hope that gives you some more to think about.

--
Ray