Hi,
I see that Jay has already pointed out that session_register() is the correct approach and not $_SESSION['uname']=$uname;
if you have already tried session_register and had no luck few other things you could look at are

1) make sure that client is configured to accept cookies.
2) if the client is not configured to accept cookies pass the session id as a query variable between urls
3) make sure you don't mix www.yourdomain.com with yourdomain.com
4) make sure that the session has not timed out.

and it might be worth the while to clear the browser cache and cookies as well, finally if you are going through a proxy please ask someone to test from the 'outside' some proxies do wierd things.

All the best

Murugesan N wrote:

I think you don't get me.
I am not registering the password.
Just I use
$_SESSION['uname']=$uname;
and I need to get the value $_SESSION['visnme'] in the next new page
without passing the uname in the URL itself.(  <form
action="....?uname=$uname" ) as query parameter

What I need is that I want to fetch the value of $unme in the next page
after login without passing it to next page.
Ofcourse the solution is to use POST.
I used POST to pass it to next page.
That page is authentication.php
where I check the uname and passwd and invoked header('...php?$visnme)
function
From this page how can I pass $uname without using query parameters.

Thanks for the reply
-murugesan