Hi,

    No, there is not! You have to manage yourself
the timeout, for instance through a timestamp,
which you verify on each request. PHP does not
destry sessions by itself. It's up to you to manage
the "life" of a session.
<snip>
    if($_SESSION['last_seen'] && ($_SESSION['last_seen'] < time() - timeout)
{
        //session is ok proceed
    } else {
        //session expired
        $_SESSION = array();//destroy session
        //whatever you want to do
    }
</snip>
    btw! the code above does not take care of the first time
a user visits u'r page.

Cheers,
Catalin

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]