On Tuesday 09 September 2003 14:49, Dhaval Desai wrote:

> I am trying to install php 4.3.2 with gd support. I have already installed
> zlib and jpeg-6b. My configure line options are as below:

PHP + GD installation problems have been covered many times before on the list
and almost everything there is to know about it are in the archives.

> ./configure --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib
> it doesn't work.

Very likely,

  ./configure --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr

would work.

> it still doesn't work even tough all the cjpeg and djpeg files are there...

> it says libjpeg not found for both

It would be more helpful to state the *exact* error message. And very often
googling on the error message would point you in the right direction.

> Could anybody tell me what could be wrong?

You gave the wrong directory for the "--with-jpeg-dir" option. But you didn't
give enough details for us to help you, ie:

 - where your libjpeg files are installed
 - what the error message is