You must also install devel packages from jpeg, png and so on...

Desi

Jason Wong wrote:
On Tuesday 09 September 2003 14:49, Dhaval Desai wrote:

I am trying to install php 4.3.2 with gd support. I have already installed
zlib and jpeg-6b. My configure line options are as below:

PHP + GD installation problems have been covered many times before on the list and almost everything there is to know about it are in the archives.

./configure --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib
it doesn't work.

Very likely,

./configure --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr

would work.

it still doesn't work even tough all the cjpeg and djpeg files are there...

It would be more helpful to state the *exact* error message. And very often googling on the error message would point you in the right direction.

Could anybody tell me what could be wrong?

You gave the wrong directory for the "--with-jpeg-dir" option. But you didn't give enough details for us to help you, ie:

 - where your libjpeg files are installed
 - what the error message is