I think the BEST php editor "out there" is Microsoft's Visual Studio.
Here's some of the reasons I think Visual Studio is the BEST
1.  None of that annoying syntax highlighting that you find in many other
editors
2.  Unlimited technical support (at only $245 per call)
3.  At $1000 - $2500 per copy it's has substantially more features than
other cheaper editors.
4.  It uses far more memory, so it remembers more stuff.
5.  I can seamlessly integrate .NET into my PHP code
6.  I don't have to waste my time with integrated debuggers
7.  It automatically generates obfuscated code
8.  I don't have to worry about those annoying GPL or LGPL licenses
9.  Runs great on SuSE
10. When it crashes I know I need to take my ergonomic break
11. When loading large projects I have plenty of time to make myself a cup
of tea, or if I'm out of tea, to drive to the store to buy some tea, return,
brew a cup, read slashdot, take a shower....
12. The outstanding support of PHP at Microsoft.

Read about Microsoft's support of PHP here:  www.microsoft.com/php
Read about Microsoft's integration of PHP and Visual Studio here:
www.microsoft.com/vstudio/support/php

Now if you're serious.  Do us all a favor.  Do a little research first.
This question has been answered on so many sites/newsgroups.

-alternatively-

the best php editor out there is the one that you use.

I do like my first answer the best.
heh.

If you made it this far, try this page:
http://www.php-editors.com/result.php?showall=y