Ryan --

...and then Ryan A said...
%
% Hey David,
% Thanks for replying.

Sure thing!

%
% % Voteing will be allowed only to clients who register and confirm their
% email
% % addresses, plus only 1 vote per IP and we will be using cookies...
%
% /*
% That would be terrible for anyone behind a firewall.  Leave it at once
% per email address and just live with the fact that some people have more
% than one available.
% */
% Let me explain, when the person registers they wont just recive permission
% to vote but also other things as a control panel will be created for them to

Good enough.  Lots of bells and whistles; that's great.

% save their favourite packages from the differient hosts and even compare the

Excellent!

% packages side by side...if the cookie fails then i will try for ip and if
% the ip fails then it will go only for the username....

OK.  You haven't really explained how the cookie might fail or how your
fallback works, but that's probably OK.

%
% /*
% In addition, I presume you mean that one can only vote once for a given
% web host vs having to pick a single one and vote for it and that's it...
% I know of a few directly and should be able to vote on all of them.
% */
% Nope, its not that you have limited votes, you can vote for each and every

Good.

% host on the site...but just one vote per host, dont you think thats fair?

Nope.  What if you have two users on a host?

%
% /*
% It would be nice if you saved everyone's votes and let users modify them,
% */
% Let users modify them? what do you mean? if users can modify a vote whats
% the use of a vote?

It depends; it might be a cast-it-once-in-stone kind of vote, or it might
be a running report that stays up to date.  Suppose I rank my current
provider very highly but next month they lay off half of their staff and
service goes down the drain; I should be able to change my vote to
reflect their new status if this is something that people will want to
see as worthwhile for more than just a short survey period.

%
% /*
% but that gets into a bit more work on your part.  But it would be nice :-)
% */
% Now you've gotten me confused :-(

Well, if you're going to keep my vote around so that I can change it you
now have to have an entire database record for me.  If I'm just throwing
my vote into the pile then you need only keep a running total.  The
latter is certainly easier.

%
%
% /*
% HTH & HAND
% */
% Meant to ask you this before...whats HAND?

Have A Nice Day :-)

:-D
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED] * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"