* Thus wrote FLOWERS, Gareth ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> Hi,
>
> I'v created several pages for my company website that output php to MS Word
> and MS Excel. These work fine fine but as soon as you load the page you get
> a dialog that asks whether to open or save the document. We always select
> 'open' as we want view the contents in Excel/Word applications.
> Is there a way to stop this dialog box appearing everytime - can I just open
> the document without it appearing. I know theres a checkbox at the bottom of
> the dialog you can unitck but I only want this setting to apply to certain
> pages.

Nope, unfortunately you don't have that power, and for good reasons.
It all depends on the client's file (mime/type) associations on
their local computer.

If this were the case malicious people could force visitors to
launch an .eml file (or something containing a virus) without their
consent.

Curt
--
"I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure."