Maybe if I add a second question, which I figure didn't have to be asked, since I'm asking a PHP list, would make it all better....

"Does anyone know how Netcraft queries a webserver to get the info it does (OS, web server software, uptime, etc.)?" <newstuff>Can this be done with PHP</newstuff>

But thanks for the link anyway.

Chris Shiflett wrote:

--- John Nichel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Does anyone know how Netcraft queries a webserver to get the info it does (OS, web server software, uptime, etc.)?

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/accuracy.html

Please try to stick to PHP queries as much as possible. Thanks.

Chris

=====
Become a better Web developer with the HTTP Developer's Handbook
http://httphandbook.org/

-- By-Tor.com It's all about the Rush http://www.by-tor.com