Try out smarty (its quite simple). You will get some
ideas on how to structure. I learned that its *ok* to
have some *display logic* in your templates (i.e.
repeating rows). (yes, some will adamantly disagree)

Another thing i learned when using smarty is I like
using arrays to keep things organized.

i.e.
$article['id'], $article['title'],
$article['publish_date'], $article['author'],
$article['content']
rather than
$id, $title, $publish_date, $author, $content

olinux