for those of you who are writing apps and looking at this and you have customers adding things to their session such as a cart or something else and you destroy the session the information that they were keeping in their session would be lost so if you dont want pissed off customers calling saying they lost something after leaving their desk for a few minutes then you want to make sure that the information such as cart or whatever is stored elsewhere and has their user id tied to it. So when your laying out your site, and your destroying sessions make sure that unless that is the designed intent (such as login information) that your arent destroying something more imporatant like someones shopping cart filling with $3000 worth of merch, yes I know with exchange rate thats only worth $.25 to Americans.

Yes. session_destroy().