On 02 October 2003 17:27, Jeff McKeon wrote:

> Ok,
>
> I've got a login page that has these funtions to set the userid and
> password to session variables....
>
> [code start]
> session_start();
>       if(!isset($userid)) {
>               login_form();
>               exit;
> }
> else {
>       session_register("userid", "userpassword");
>       $username = auth_user($userid, $userpassword);
>       if(!$username) {
>               session_unregister("userid");
>               session_unregister("userpassword");
>               echo "Authorization failed. " .
>                        "You must enter a valid userid and password
> combo. " .
>                        "Click on the following link to try
> again.<BR>\n";
>               echo "<A HREF=\"$PHP_SELF\">login</A><BR>";
>               echo "If you do not have login, please contact
> Operations to obtain one.<br>\n";
>               exit;
>       }
>       else echo "welcome, $username!";
> }
> [code end]
>
> I then have a simple test page with the following code...
>
> [code start]
> <?php
> include "./register_functions.php";
>
> if($_SESSION['userid'] == 'bob'){
>       Echo $_SESSION['userid'];
>       Echo"Access Denied Bobby boy!!!";
>       }
>       else {
>       echo"OK, since it's not Bob, it's ok";
>       }
> html_footer();
> [code end]
>
> The problem is that the $_SESSION['userid'] doesn't return anything
> on this page.. Am I not calling the session variable correctly or not
> storing it correctly? In my php.ini I have globals turned off.  Does
> this effect it?

(1) I don't see a session_start() on the second page (unless it's in
register_functions.php?).

(2) I would advise not mixing $_SESSION and session_register() -- it's
problematical in some situations.  Just stick to using the $_SESSION array.

Cheers!

Mike

Beckett Park, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]