I'm trying to submit multiple values to a variable within an <option>
tag by using a value such as value="this,that" There are multiple <select>
statements on this form each counting up from 1 using $count and
$listings as such.

<? $count = 1;
$listings = 3

 while ($count <= $listings) {?>

        <select name="listings[<? echo $count; ?>" value="1">

        <option value="this,that">This and That
        <option value="that,this">That and This

<? $count++; } ?>

On the recieving side I'm parsing many instances of these using the
following method

 $count = 1;
 $listings = 3;

        while ($count <= $listings) {

                $listing['$count'] = $_POST['listing[$count]'];

        }

This example works fine if I need to get the full value (this,that) or
(that,this). What I'd like to do is break this into a multidimensional
array so I have approximately the following depending on what they choose
for each example.

$listing[1][0] = this
$listing[1][1] = that

$listing[2][0] = that
$listing[2][0] = this

 Hopefully this example is clear enough that someone will understand what
I'm doing. I tried the following with no luck.

        $listing['count'] = $_POST['listing[count]'];

        $listing['$count'] = explode(",", $listing['$count']);

Any takers? Thanks.

Ed