[snip]
      $query =  "SELECT id,name FROM MYTABLE";
      $result = mysql_query($query);
      $nrows = mysql_num_rows($result);
      for ($i=0; $i<$nrows; $i++) {
         $arr = mysql_fetch_array($result);
         $array[$i]['id']   = $arr['id'];
         $array[$i]['name'] = $arr['name'];
         }

I know I can have a similar 'for' loop to step through the array, from 0 to
count($array)
But I would like to do something more elegant, with a foreach loop. But I
have been unsuccessful as a foreach seems appropriate only with a single
dimensional array. Can someone suggest a more elegant solution? Thanks, Rich
[/snip]

That is kind of an ambiguos question there Rich. What needs to be more
elegant, the method? the output? You could use a foreach key/value pairing
if your values are such. See
http://www.php.net/manual/en/control-structures.foreach.php

HTH!

Jay

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you’ve never tried
before!

* Texas PHP Developers Conf  Spring 2003                  *
* T Bar M Resort & Conference Center                      *
* New Braunfels, Texas                                    *
* San Antonio Area PHP Developers Group                   *
* Interested? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] *