My ISP hosted website uses the php apache module version, but I'm trying to use php cgi version for the part of my site edit application that actually creates and edits files on the site. This will avoid all the permision and chmod hassle when php tries to create and edit files. My ISP has placed a php cgi binary in my home directory so it can run as my user id.

I've never used php cgi version, and all the httacces configuration I've tried to map .phpc files to the php cgi binary hasn't worked right. I need an example htacces file or an example of a script header line with php location.

drew