* Thus wrote Andrew Warner ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> I've never used php cgi version, and all the httacces configuration
> I've tried to map .phpc files to the php cgi binary hasn't worked
> right.  I need an  example htacces file or an example of a script
> header line with php location.

With cgi you don't map the file to the php cgi binary.  You have to
set up a directory with a 'Script-Alias' directive to point to a
paticular folder for running files as cgi.  Hopefully this is
already done and there is a cgi-bin outside your web tree.

See apache's documentation on doing this.

Once you have the cgi-bin set up you put your php file in the
cgi-bin with the top of the php file with something like:

#!/path/to/your/home/php
<?php
echo "hello world<br>\n";
?>

Set this file permission bit to be executable and it should all
work.  All of this is done from memory so a bit might be a bit off
but some searching the archives and google'in will help out.

HTH,

Curt
--
"My PHP key is worn out"