Hi,

You cannot parse a specific section only, the parser will go through the whole document. What you can do is to skip the section that does not interest you. I have seen two good suggestions that both smell of DOM (xslt has dom under the hood). With SAX you can just have a simple string comparision in the start_element handler that watches out for the node that interests you and then set a flag.

If you could post a short sample of your xml someone might be able to help you more.

best regards

Ryan Thompson wrote:

I'm stumped. I think it's just the logic I can't figure out. I have a file formatted for Docbook in XML. I'm trying to figure out a way to parse a specifice portion of an itemizedlist.

It's for a change log. I want users to be able to view changes made to just
one version and possibly for all. I can't use multiple change logs cause it the same file is used to make the text version that goes into the release documentation.

Anyone got any ideas that can give me a push in the right direction.

--
Raditha Dissanayake.