Searched all the sites I could find for this problem to no avail. I have
two dropdown menus in a form. The first menu contains a list of
MANUFACTURERS obtained from a database. The second contains a list of
MODELS also obtained from the database. I want the second menu to be
populated based upon the selection in the first. In other words, once a
visitor has selected a MANUFACTURER they'll be presented with a list of
MODELS that are available from the selected MANUFACTURER.

I know how to do the queries, but don't know how to initiate the query and
rebuild the second menu when the first selection is made without adding a
SUBMIT button and loading a second page.

You can't do this with PHP (server-side), you'll need to use JavaScript (client-side). Check out some JavaScript sites for examples, then use PHP to populate the JavaScript arrays.

Larry