Hi Robb.  This is exactly what you'll need to do.

Something like the following, assuming you're populating an array with
user information:

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
var users = new Array();
<?php
$count = 0;
while (!$users->EOF))
{
        echo 'users['.$count.'] = '.$users->fields['username'].chr(10);
        $count++;
        $users->MoveNext();
}
?>
//-->
</script>

The users array will now be populated with the usernames returned from
your query.

Cheers,
Pablo