At 22:52 14-11-2003, you wrote:
Hi!!.
I'm trying to give users the chance to modify its cron from a webform.
The webform let's the users choose the day, month and minutes after
hour, then, using PHP I made one long string and save it into a file
($tmpnam), it looks like this:

$content = "$min $hour $day * * /tmp/parse_maillog.sh"; //I obtain $min
$hour & $day earlier in my webform
$tmpfname = tempnam ("/tmp/mail", "$username_crontab.txt");
$handle = fopen($tmpfname, "w");
fwrite($handle, $content);
fclose($handle);

        system("crontab -u $username $username_crontab.txt");
        unlink($tmpfname);
Debugging this part I found that the file is OK, the problem is with the
"system" function, obviously a "user" problem, how can I fix it?? any
ideas?? I use phpSecurePages as an authentication system.

You forgot to tell what the problem is.

Does the crontab command work when you try to parse it directly?

Wasn't there something in the manual about using `bacticks` instead of "quotes" with the system command?