On Linux / PHP, for one third party software (moregroupware), I need gd PHP
extension. Initially I tried to uncomment the line in php.init as

extension=php_gd2.dll

but it did not work, i tried to find files for gd but only one file php_gd.h
exists, so i tried with that
extension=php_gd.h (I tried with php_gd.so too) But still nothing happened.
The ext dir is as follows

extension_dir=".\"

Finally from internet I downloaded gd package and installed on server, but I
do not know how to link to PHP.  phpinfo() command shows config with apx2
and mysql, gd does not appear there. How to install gd and how to link to
PHP ? can anybody help me please ?

Thanks in advance,

manisha