Greetings,

One of my servers required a PHP upgrade. Afterwards one of the PHP
projects stopped functioning. When it would run one section would scroll
endlessly. I can't figure out if it's a 'bug' or if it's bad logic in the
coding.

I isolated the problem to be in the 'strtotime' function. Here is a test I
ran - when it runs, after getting to 2003-10-26, it scrolls incessently:

----BEGIN CODE------
<?php
print " <BR>" ;
$stop= "2003-12-27" ;
$start= "2003-01-01" ;
While ($start <> $stop) {
    echo "<BR> Date: " . $start ;
    $start = date('Y-m-d', strtotime($start) + 86400);
}
?>
----END CODE------

Is there something wrong with the logic/code or is it a bug? I'm using
strtotime mainly for decoding a MySQL date field (iterating thru all date
records and generating HTML forms).

PHP: 4.3.4 / Apache 2.0.48

Thanks for your time,

YAPHPN [Yet.Another.PHPNewbie]