Justin, et al --

...and then Justin Patrin said...
%
% One last thing. If all you need to do is go to a page and not navigate
% it, you could just use HTTP_Request, upon which HTTP_Client is built.

That sounds even better; I'm only going to be dealing with a couple of
pages.

% Then again, if you have multiple request to do and have to keep sending
% the auth data, the Client would be best.

I'll try either both.  I'm having some trouble getting started, though...

I surfed over to pear.php.net, found and downloaded both (yikes, Client
is only a 0.2 release :-) and opened them up.  I made

  /usr/local/lib/php/HTTP

and then copied each's contents in there (well, the docs/ over to the lib
docs file), so I now have

  /usrlocal/lib/php/HTTP/Client.php
  /usrlocal/lib/php/HTTP/Client/CookieManager.php
  /usrlocal/lib/php/HTTP/Client/Listener.php

and similar for HTTP_Request but when I run a simple

  echo "<?php require_once('HTTP/Client.php') ; print 'done';?>" |php -q

I get back "Failed opening required 'HTTP/Client.php'" :-(

Is there a different install procedure?

TIA & HAND

:-D
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED] * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"