Change:

$txtBoxCounter = $_POST['txtBoxCounter]
$hdnCounter = $_POST['hdnCounter]

$txtBoxCounter = $_POST['txtBoxCounter']; $hdnCounter = $_POST['hdnCounter'];

(Notice the ' at the end of txtBoxCounter and hdnCounter.

Merry X'mas

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Okay, for everyone took a break for Christmas, and to update Jasper and
Jeremy--who've tried big-time to help me--here's again the sitch and where
I stand as of now.

I'm on a Macintosh PowerBook running OS X.2.1 and PHP 4.3.0. I'm tryning to
run the following code:

<head>
<title>
persistence demo
</title>
</head>

<h1>Persistence Demo</h1>
<form>
<?php
//increment the counters
$txtBoxCounter++;
$hdnCounter++;

print <<<HERE

<input type = "text"
name = "txtBoxCounter"
value = "$txtBoxCounter">

<input type = "hidden"
name = "hdnCounter"
value = "$hdnCounter">
<h3>The hidden value is $hdnCounter</h3>
<input type = "submit"
value = "click to increment counters">
HERE;

?>

</form>

What that gets me is:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in [my path to this file] on line 33

register_globals is, of course, off. So I add $txtBoxCounter =
$_POST['txtBoxCounter] and $hdnCounter = $_POST['hdnCounter] as separate
line right after <?php. And that gets me an unexpected TVARIABLE message.

Anyone, please?

Thank you.

Steve Tiano