For what it is worth,  I cut and pasted your full html into a file.

Under PHP version 4.3.1

It runs from the command line without fault.

Apache 1.3.22

It runs without fault (increments properly).

What text editor are you using?  I saved the code as both Unix and DOS format and it
works for both.

I've attached my file for you to try.  Hope it helps as I can't fault the code.

Regards

Grant Walters
Brainbench 'Most Valuable Professional' for Unix Admin
Walters & Associates, P O Box 13-043 Johnsonville, Wellington, NEW ZEALAND
Telephone: +64 4 4765175 OR 4762661, CellPhone 025488265, ICQ# 23511989

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with
experience."