> Did you read what I wrote ?
> First I do code, and I have coded projects with as many as 60,000
> lines (clipper).
>
> In this case I run an ISP, work about 85 hours a week ( if that's
> lazy then I the
> laziest ). I have read most of the wrox PHP book (600 pages+), as well as
> havinging coded a complete UAS system, with many features.
> I hired a sub who didn't code modular, organized or for that
> matter logical, so I
> basically re-wrote 85% of the code for the system, BUT not having
> the experience
> in PHP I want to be able to 1 benefit from not having to code to
> do some quick and
> dirty stuff for testing, but also compare how what we have done
> is written to the
> results from this code.  I  consider many things in how I design
> and impliment
> programs that todays programmers don't, like why dump an sql
> result into an array
> because it is easy, when I know that if there are too many
> records returned to the
> array it could lock up a web server, or how efficient modularity
> makes your coding
> along with planning and organized field names, stuctures etc.
> The perfect example is the contractor we hired and his lack of
> experience, we had
> a user database that would be querried for user type,  standard, master,
> administrator etc, well this guy made 5 modules 1 for each type
> of user, and in
> that ALL THAT DUPLICATE CODE....stupid.   I rewrote the entire
> module in a simple,
> cleaner and more efficient function which accepts the parameter
> of what client
> type you want.  Now that doesn't make me a PHP guru, it's just
> the right and more
> efficient way to do things, but there are secrets, and more
> efficient ways to do
> things in all languages, and I simply want to see others to see
> how I can benefit
> and learn.
>
> Before you flame at least read the entire message and make sure
> of what the person
> is saying, not just hey give me some code man......
>
> Kurth Bemis wrote:
>
> > At 09:08 PM 3/21/2001, Jack Sasportas wrote:
> >
> > ah - true laziness.....this is what gave birth to wysiwyg editors like
> > frontpage :-)  do your self a favor and get off your ass and write code
> > like everybody else.  I bet that you use frontpage too. Christ!  if your
> > going to develop then you can't be lazy.  that's it i'm finished!
> >
> > ~kurth

1) I use Dreamweaver 4.0.  I coded HTML in a text editor for 2 1/2 years.
So I use DW now because its 10x faster, more efficient to design web pages
in.

I then pull the code into a HTML Editor, and tighten up the code.  Make it
perfect.

Don't assume WYSIWYG means bad.  That only makes yourself look even worse.

2) Obviously you are not a programmer.  If you were, you would know that
programmers are in their very nature lazy.  That is why they create
functions, and classes, and use the same code for different scripts.

Before you go flamming someone, think.

One more thing... I find it very hard to code standing up.  So, can I sit on
my ass and code?

Jason

P.S.  Grammar never hurt.