> > You could have a check for the HTTP_REFERER variable, if it doesn't
> > contain "application.php", chances are they didn't come from that page.

> it's not a good idea to rely on $HTTP_REFERER for anything, and especially
> for this. a referer is only reported when the user follows a hyperlink, so
> in the hypothetical case given there would be no referer.

Isn't that the point? If there's no referer, they didn't come from the first
page, so you send them back there. I could be completely wrong here - is
HTTP_REFERER empty following a form submission, even if it's to a different
page?

> what you need to do is combine your two scripts, which is really a neater
> way handling forms anyway. point your form action to the same page
> ($PHP_SELF works really well for this, since you can rename the file and
> it will still run properly), and then add the following code to the top
> of your application.php file
>
> if($GLOBALS["REQUEST_METHOD"] == "POST") {
>
>     include("process_application.php");
>
>     exit;
>
> }

This is how I would handle it personally, but then he'd mentioned having two
pages, so......

Cheers
Jon

'The information included in this Email is of a confidential nature and is
intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee,
any disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and may be
unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether
inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality'