Christian Calloway wrote:

I am sorry to post another mysql question, but this one is design related. I
need to create a relationship between two different tables in two different
databases. I feel like I am commiting a sin doing so, but it makes sence at
the application level, and to redesign everything would be disastrous. Any
comments? Thanks

I can see your point about it feeling like committing a sin, and I certainly wouldn't recommend doing it with out a good reason but if it seems to make sense for your application, why not? Mysql specifically provides the syntax to do a join between tables in different databases so they must think there is a good reason to do allow it. Even if it is an out of the ordinary case that calls for it.

Chris W