On Thursday, January 22, 2004, at 10:50 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think we all have, maybe there should be a posting place to submit our
methodology and frameworks, and then maybe just maybe come up with a global
standard ? I personally am always keen to change my practices to keep up
with the times, and am always curious how other people do it, and maybe
adopt some new ideas.

There are plenty of frameworks already in development, and I don't see the need to add 1000's more half-baked ideas (like mine) into the mix :)

I also note that WACT is in development at the moment (http://wact.sourceforge.net/), which looks promising as both a methodology and CMS, but time will tell.

Eventually, a few years from now, a winner will emerge. Some might say Pear is already there (or part-way). PHP has not been around for very long yet (compared to Java etc), so it's no wonder that a winner hasn't emerged yet.

There's also the argument that PHP *IS* the framework :)

Again, time will tell.

Justin French