From: "John Nichel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> php_value session.gc_maxlifetime "number of seconds"

I'm really curious to see if any of this really works. I know it _should_,
but...

Assuming a shared/virtual server where all session files for all sites are
in the same location. When the garbage collector is triggered by a request
to the site with this setting in .htaccess, does it honor this setting for
all of the files? It doesn't know which ones were created just for this
site, right? So if another site has the default setting (no .htaccess) and a
request to that site triggers garbage collection, will this site's files be
deleted if they are more than 1440 (default) seconds old?

I realize you can set your own storage location (recommended), but you'll
also then have to implement your own garbage collection routine. If you have
to implement your own routine, then changing session.gc_maxlifetime doesn't
make much sense as you're going to code it into your routine anyhow...

Anyone want to comment on this? :)

---John Holmes...