On Monday 16 February 2004 02:30, Richard Davey wrote:

> I feel the book you're learning from might not be the best out there!
> Especially as it uses the horrible if : else : endif notation,
> includes code on the same line as the PHP tags themselves

What is horrible about that style? IMO doing this:

<?php if ($something) : ?>

 [... a bunch of HTML ...]

<?php endif; ?>

looks a lot neater than:

<?php
  if ($something) {
?>

 [... a bunch of HTML ...]

<?php
  }
?>

But whichever style a book chooses to use should not impact on one's decision
as to whether it is a good book or not. I have not seen the book in question
so I've no idea whether I would find it good or bad.