http://...&campaign=MBI%20List%20-%20Steel%20&%20Concrete (wrong)
http://...&campaign=MBI%20List%20-%20Steel%20%26%20Concrete (right)

where does that url come from?
is it generated by a script?
if it is, you must urlencode() it before outputing, not when receiving it from a request

query string works like this...
you have name and value of each field separated with '=', and each field separated with '&' from another field
ex.: name1=value1&name2=value2

this means that if you have an '=' on the string, IT IS separating a name from a value, and if you have a '&' on the string, IT IS separating a field from another one
no matter what you want the '=' or the '&' to be, they already are something
urlencode each piece (urlencode($fieldname) and urlencode($fieldvalue)), before separating them with '=' and '&', those and other characters will be substituted by something that will tell what they really are
as well as that %20 is a urlencoded <space>...

Chris Bruce wrote:
I am having trouble with a string becoming truncated at an '&' character. I am passing the variable via a link

(http://...&campaign=MBI%20List%20-%20Steel%20&%20Concrete) and then when I try to grab the incoming value of campaign into a SELECT query, it becomes

SELECT sum(sends) from campaigns where name='MBI List - Steel '

I have tried to urlencode the variable, and also use htmlentities, etc. to no avail.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks.

--

Chris Bruce
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Idextrus
E-Business Architects
http://www.idextrus.com
3282 Wilmar Cres.
Mississauga, ON
L5L4B2
CA
905.828.9189

This e-mail and its contents are privileged, confidential and
subject to copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this e-mail immediately.  Any unauthorized use
or disclosure of the information herein is prohibited.