I have a page where I am stripping the html tags down.  Basically, it will
allow certain tags, but still strips out ALL attributs of the tag, so it
works something like this:

//  State which tags are allowed
$info = strip_tags($info, $allowed_tags);
// Strip all unwanted tags out
$allowed_tags = "p|br|strong|b|i|u";
// Convert tags for regular expression
$info = preg_replace("/<(?!".$allowed_tags.")[^>]*>/", '<\1>', $info);    //
Strip out all attributes from allowed tags

This will strip all attributes out of those tags, so it will turn something
above regular expression will handle this just fine.  The only problem I am
running into is when someone uses a less than sign in their input (<).  So
when someone puts something like:  2 < 8 in their input it gets changed to
this:  2 <>.  How can I set it to only replace things when there is a < and
a matching > for it?  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt