It's apache that runs the php script & it must some how know that this is a
script file.. and the way you tell the apache to run the script is by the
extention (.php)
since .html is not an serverside script, apache dont nead to run that before
sending it.

but you can declare that in apache.conf (if you want html files to use php
code)

:)

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]