I have an existing web page that pulls some data and displays it in form
input fields. I would like to add the ability to edit those fields and
submit the changes to the server, but have been unsuccessful. What bit of
code do I need to add to the existing code?
This is the existing code to display the info --

 $query = "select * from warranty WHERE OwnerName='$result'";
 $results = mysql_query($query);
 $row = mysql_fetch_array($results);

I probably need to use if(isset($submit)): and an update statement, but my
attempt just causes the web page to display completely blank. This is what
I tried -

if(isset($submit)):
         $query1 = "update warranty set
VesselName='$vessel',OwnerName='$owner',OwnerStreet='$address',OwnerCity='$city',OwnerState='$state',OwnerZip='$zip',OwnerCountry='$country',DateInstalled='$DateInstalled',DealerName='$Dealer',DealerStreet='$DealerAddress',DealerCity='$DealerCity',DealerState='$DealerState',DealerZip='$DealerZip',DealerCountry='$DealerCountry',Model='$Parts',SN='$PartsSN',VesselType='$vesseltype',VesselLength='$length',InstalledOn='$construction',VesselTypeOther='$vesseltypeother')

;
         $result1 = mysql_query($query1);
         mysql_query($query1);
else:
         $query = "select * from warranty WHERE OwnerName='$result'";
        $results = mysql_query($query);
         $row = mysql_fetch_array($results);
?>

What am I doing wrong?