Saturday, April 17, 2004, 7:38:46 PM, Arthur Radulescu wrote:

>> That's how you could do it ...
>>
>> $ar = array();
>>
>> $len = strlen($a);
>> for ($i = 0; $i < $len; ++$i) {
>>     $ar[] = $a{$i};
>> }

> If I remember well strlen is used for checking the length of a string...

It does ...
I didn't look closely enough :(
So .. the var has to be converted to str first ... or use a temp var
converted to string ...

except of course someone comes up with a better method of solving the
problem at hand.

----

just for reference: the original problem (as I now understand it) was
how to 'convert' a number into an array ...