Gabino Travassos <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    on Thursday, April 22, 2004 12:24 PM said:

> I'm wondering if Regular Expressions are the same in Perl and PHP (and
> possibly Actionscript)? They look the same and smell the same, but if
> I see a book in a store for Perl Regular Expressions that's $10
> cheaper than the PHP one (is there one?), then is it the same thing?

i'd get the perl book over the php book personally. but then again i'm
pretty sure there is not a "perl regex" book, nor is there a "php regex"
book. there's probably just a regex book. you as the user have to decide
what works where.

this page will tell you what php supports:

http://us3.php.net/ereg

> While we're on this topic, I'm looking to find an attribute in an XML
> and replace it with a string variable I get from a form.

check the other functions on that page. your answer is there!

chris.