Hello,

A question about forms and PHP. I have a dropdown list which gets the lines
in the list from DB. Like this(col1 is used only for sorting the data):

$sql="SELECT col1, col2 FROM table_04 ORDER BY col1";
$result=mysql_query($sql);
$num = mysql_num_rows($result);
$counter = 1;
while ($num >= $counter) {
$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);
$col2 = $row["col2"];
echo "<option value=\"name\">$col2</option>";
$counter++;
}

This obviously leaves the value of $col2 to what ever is in the last row in
database. How do I set the script to change the value when user selects
another name from the list? I need to do more stuff based on the users
selection. How do I get the selection from the list to a variable? I haven't
really done forms and PHP before ;-)

Thanks
Bill