Pieter from SA wrote:
> I need to know if there is any code that can be used to get rid of the
> refresh and retry when using the back button in internet explorer.
>
> Every time i get info from the database and display the result, and i use
> the back button it says
>
> Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using
> information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As
> security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit
your
> information for you.
>
> To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh
> button.
>
> and the when you refresh it says:
>
> The page cannot be refreshed without resending the information. Click
retry
> to send the information again, or click cancel to return to the page that
> you were trying to view.
>
> This is very irritating.
>
> Can someone tell me how to resend the info automatically, please!!!!!!!!

You can't resend it automatically otherwise you could post any arbitrary
data for the users.

The common solution for this is a "middle-man" technique. The middle-man is
a PHP page that hanldes the form submission, sends the email, submits in the
database, etc, and then forwards to another page using header(). Now, when
Back is used, they're taken back to the form they filled out and not the
page that processes the form; so there is no "re-post" request.

---John Holmes...