Hi!

I wonder how i can retrive the MAC-address of the visitor using PHP?

What i am thinking about is using the MAC-address instead of the IP-address
to ban troublesome users from forums etc.

If i just use the IP-address some users will just change it. I know that
itīs possibly to spoof the MAC address but itīs much harder than just
changing the IP-address.

Do you think that there is a big speed penalty by using the MAC-address? I
could just use it when the users first arrives to the site. Then he/she
could be logged in using a session the rest of his visit. I could also store
the MAC-address of the user in encoded form in a cookie so that i wonīt have
to retrive the MAC-address "the hard way" on every visit.

Comments and tips would be greatly appreciated!

Yours supersinerely, Yngve